Water marbling, also known as Ebru, started in the 15th Century in Turkey, and continues to be a popular art style there today. It’s an easy and fun art that almost anyone can do, yet takes years to be designated as a master artist. Floating and swirling paint on top of water is fascinating and relaxing, and is sure to be a memorable experience no matter if you do this alone or with a friend. The finished puzzles are quite beautiful, and can be given as a hand crafted gift for a wonderful lifetime keepsake – if you can part with them!
In this kit, you’ll get everything you need to get started with the ancient Turkish art form of painting on water, including:
- 4 5×7″ blank white puzzle sheets (28 pieces)
- 4 envelopes for storing dissembled puzzle pieces
- Carrageenan for water thickening
- Colors included with this kit: Blue, Green, Yellow and Red
- 1 extra bottle for mixing your own colors
- Skewers for swirling and creating designs on water
- One tray
- Nitrate free gloves
- Disposable apron
- Online Instructions
About Annual Memberships
Annual Memberships purchased prior to the opening of our building will be extended to one year from the date of our actual opening, at no additional cost. Memberships offer a 20% discount on all art kits, classes and workshops, and are required for facility rentals. We appreciate your interest in and support for our new community art center!